1. Qualification and quality management in water and waste management
- Development of high quality standards (technical regulations, practical guides and field manuals) for water and waste management
- Steering committees for development on specialized topics
- Providing highly qualified education and training
2. Balance of information and interests, both internally and externally
- Platform for the balance of interests
- Providing information to members and the public
- Advisory service for environmental legislation
For its 1,800 members the ÖWAV provides a neutral and independent platform for all specialists in their area of expertise, committed to finding a balance of interests within the Austrian water, wastewater and waste management sectors.
The effective and efficient organisational structure of the ÖWAV provides the foundation for quickly achieving its tasks and objectives. Expertise is provided through the involvement of proficient experts in the fields of science, economy and administration, working on an honorary basis.